I've been places:
- London for a science public relations internship
- Basketball games across the Midwest following the IU men's team
- Indiana state spelling and trivia championships in high school
- Madrid for a six-month study abroad program
- All over Ohio for the 2012 presidential campaign
- Guatemala, as a translator for Operation Walk
On the side, I volunteer at IRIS. I had a good reading voice in high school, born of acting out Dave Barry columns as a kid when no one was home and fine-tuned by that greatest of lifelong influences, my theater teacher. Now, I put that little quirk to good use, reading newspapers and books for the visually impaired.
My lifelong dreams are for these and future pursuits to take me to the lip of an active volcano and to low-Earth orbit. (Call me crazy, but that's what a childhood of imagination and Bill Nye the Science Guy will do to you.) If I can tell a few stories along the way, stories that change people's minds and open their eyes, then I will consider my life complete.